Seattle, WA – March 14, 2014
• Big Fish, the world’s largest producer of casual games, is partnering with Boss Fight Entertainment to bring to market a new game that will introduce casual gamers to a genre previously only accessible to niche audiences of core gamers.
• Boss Fight Entertainment is an independent, Dallas-based game studio comprised of industry veterens that have produced some of the game industry’s best-selling and most critcally acclaimed mobile, social, PC and console games. These include Castleville, Age of Empires, Halo Wars, and more.
• Partnering with Boss Fight demonstrates Big Fish’s growing commitment to free-to-play games, and in particular, to free-to-play games that push casual gameplay in new directions by offering deeper engagement and player investment.
• Boss Fight chose to work with Big Fish due its impressive track record of growing new audiences around its top-grossing free-to-play games, Big Fish Casino and Fairway Solitaire. With these games, the company has shown that it can move quickly, scale appropriately, and iterate to maintain and grow global category leaders.
• The game announcement will be later this year, and should surprise the industry based on its genre and theme, which is different than past Big Fish offerings.
Chris Williams, General Manager and Vice President of Studios at Big Fish: « Big Fish is growing and changing..fast. It is not the company it was even a year ago. Successfully transitioning its PC legacy business to mobile, Big Fish launched 5 free-to-play games in 2013, and more than half of its 2013 mobile revenue stemmed from those products. In 2014 the company will be focused on launching hit free-to-play games – some in genres that may be unexpected. The game with Boss Fight is one of those surprises, and represents a strategy of moving beyond the conventional casual genres and mechanics, investing deeply to build hits and grow our audience.”
David Rippy, President and Chief Executive of Boss Fight Entertainment: “We were impressed with Big Fish’s ability to take Big Fish Casino and scale it worldwide to the #1 grossing app in the casino genre, and the only casino game to make it into the top ten of both of Apple’s 2013 top-grossing lists. We are confident that with our game and Big Fish’s distribution and audience-building acumen, we have a winning combination. ”
· Big Fish
· Boss Fight Entertainment
About Big Fish
Founded in 2002, Big Fish is the world¹s largest producer of casual games, delivering fun to millions of people around the world through its digital distribution, mobile and e-commerce game platforms. To date, Big Fish has distributed more than 2 billion games to customers in 150 countries from a growing catalogue of 3,000+ unique PC games and 400+ unique mobile games. In 2013, the company’s mobile revenues were almost 50% of it overall gross revenue. “Big Fish Casino” lead the way and was the only casino game to be named on both of Apple’s 2013 top-grossing iPad and iPhone charts. The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with regional offices in Oakland, CA, and Luxembourg.
About Boss Fight Entertainment
Boss Fight Entertainment is a privately funded, independent game development studio based in Dallas, Texas. Founded in late 2013, Boss Fight’s veteran team has produced some of the industry’s best-selling and most critically acclaimed games for mobile, social, PC and console platforms including the Age of Empires and Halo Wars franchises. Most recently, Boss Fight’s team developed the free-to-play mega-hit, CastleVille. The studio’s continuing mission is to bring simple, beautiful and fun game experiences to players wherever they want to play. For more information, please visit: www.bossfightentertainment.com